This paint contains particles of iron and not oriented magnetite, and allow you to attract the magnets just with a very thin layer of dried paint. Obviously, in function of the force, weight and size of the contact surface, there will be a difference of magnetic force. In general it is appropriate to give 2-3 coats by spray (nozzle 2.5 mm) or by brush / roller to get a good ferromagnetic effect.
In the picture, just for demonstration purposes, there is a panel of wood (MDF) with the applied magnetic finish: the typical "fridge magnets" and the sheets are held by only 80 microns thick. It is possible to increase the effect giving more coats.
The product is available in the "magnetite" basic color only. This is because the addition of colourings or a lay over of the magnetic paint with a different color paint decreases the ferromagnetic strength of the surface.
The product is available in two variants:
– solvent bi-component acrylic paint for industry and handicraft. For spray application, also suitable for large surfaces. In addition to the "playful" uses in furnishing, objects and accessories, it is applicable for both indoor and outdoor advertising panels..
– Acrylic water-based paint. Magnetic paint for handicraft, exhibition stands and private users. It can be applied by spray but also with a roller or a brush, for walls or wall sections. When you apply with a roller or a brush may be necessary to apply multiple coats of paint because it is put down less product.
Important note: this paint allows you to create a surface suitable for adhesion of magnets. In order to have an effect like "magnets on the refrigerator door", it is necessary, in addition to the application of paint, choose good quality magnets that can support the classic "pieces of paper".
In order to permit evaluation of the effect, and for small surfaces, a test kit of the product is available; for information please do not hesitate to contact us.
The effect can be layed by the use of a primer on:
- metal (iron, aluminium, brass etc ...)
- plastics (ABS, ABS-PC, etc ...)
- version applicable for interior walls