Create a ferromagnetic surface
Our magnetic effect paint can be applied to create ferromagnetic surfaces.
Magnetic paintMagnetic paint: attach magnets to any surface
The magnetic paint implemented by Cromas is suitable for professional and industrial use:
- can be applied to different materials included plastic, metal, wood
- suitable for exhibition stands, advertising panels
- can be used in different environments, included interior design projects
Read more about the features of the Cromas magnetic paint able to attract magnets.
Description of magnetic effect paint
The magnetic paint belongs to the collection of Special Paints produced by Cromas.
The paint comes in the typical magnetite color, a dark grey fine finish, that can be successfully applied to different styles of interior design.
Magnetic paint features
Implemented in our Research and Development Laboratory, the ferromagnetic effect is achieved through the application of this special formulation, containing iron and hematite particles, on a MDF wood.
As a result, it will be realized a surface characterized by a new texture, a ferromagnetic finish with nice appearance but also functional.
The magnetic paint is available in two versions:
- Solvent-based acrylic bicomponent paint :
- recommended application technique: airbrush, spray paint.
- suitable also for big surfaces.
- suitable to embellish furniture, objects, decorations, interior design.
- suitable for advertising panels placed indoor or outdoor.
- suitable for industry and hand craft.
- Water based acrylic paint:
- suitable for hand craft products, exhibition stands, and private users.
- adviced application techniques: spray paint, roller or brush for walls or sections of walls. Application through roller or brush requires more coats of paint to adjust the right quantity of product.
Application of Cromas magnetic paint effect
The magnetic paint can be applied through various coats of product with spray or paint roller.
The number of coats varies according to the needed result and the magnetic power to reach.
In the image, you can see a MDF wood panel with magnetic finish: the typical “magnets of fridge”and sheets of paper are hold by a layer of only 80 microns. It is possible to increase the ferremagnetic power through the application of more coats of paint.
The magnetic effect paint or blackboard effect developped by Cromas is suitable for professional use. It can be applied to different kinds of materials:
- indoor and outdoor walls
- interior design
- advertising panels and exhibition stands