Create a Magnetic Surface on Many Substrates
This ferromagnetic paint manufactured by Cromas was developed for professional and industrial use and:
- Can be applied on different materials including plastic, metal, and wood
- Suitable for exhibition stands and advertising panels
- Can be used in different industries including interior design projects
Magnetic paint, allow to create surface on which magnet show adhesionMagnetic paint: attach magnets to any surface
Our magnetic paint belongs to the collection of Special Paints produced by Cromas.
The paint comes in the typical magnetite color, a dark grey fine finish.
Magnetic Paint Features
Developed in our R&D Laboratory, the ferromagnetic effect is achieved through the application of this special formulation, containing iron and hematite particles, on a MDF wood.
As a result, the surface is characterized by a ferromagnetic finish that has a nice appearance while also functional.
The magnetic paint is available as a solvent-based acrylic bi-component paint:
- Recommended application technique: spray paint or roller
- Suitable for big surfaces
- Suitable to embellish furniture, objects, decorations, and for interior design
- Suitable for advertising panels placed indoors or outdoors
- Suitable for design and craft industries and artisans
Application of Magnetic Paint Effect
The ferromagnetic paint can be applied using several layers of paint by spraying or paint roller. The number of coats needed to have a good magnetic effect will depend on your project requirements.
In the above image, you can see an MDF wood panel with the magnetic finish. The typical fridge magnets and sheets of paper are held by a layer of 80 microns of paint. It is possible to increase the magnetic power through the application of more coats of paint.
The Magnetic effect paint effect developed by Cromas is suitable for professional and DIY use on these materials:
- Indoor and Outdoor Walls
- Interior Design
- Advertising Panels and Exhibition Stands
A sample kit of this paint effect is available for purchase. The sample kit will have each paint needed to make the effect. We supply primer, special effect paints, topcoat (if needed) and hardener and thinner for spraying.